Friday, June 17, 2011

Welcome to EmpireAvenue

Hi all.
I started investigating EmpireAvenue last week as a measurement tool of influence on social media.

To connect my blog I must verify I'm actually ME by posting this key into my latest post {EAV_BLOG_VER:481ea537e5c9f389} .

EmpireAvenue uses a stock market model to set the 'price' of individuals based on their activity in social media sites and based on the demand for their 'stock' in the market. Unlike Klout which uses a formula to calculate a score, EmpireAvenue follows a more free market model. It isn't perfect, however, in EA you can actually use real money to buy more 'eaves' (their virtual currency) and pad your account or make more investments, so you can game the system to an extent, though I don't imagine many people will be willing to trade real dollars for a trumpped up score (but I may be wrong).

If you want to invest in me my stock symbol is KENM and I trade on the socialmedia exchange at www.empireavenue.com

Happy Trading!

No comments: